Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello World...

I think I may be back for good. Back to my trusty ol' blog after a not so brief hiatus. I only hope I can reforge some of the relationships on here that I've left standing without any attention for so long...So in that spirit, Hello again!

It's 6:30am here in the mountains of Alabama and the sun is just starting to creep up behind these gray, heavy snow clouds. Everyone is still asleep except me and Rusty dog. He's always the one to wake up with me and sit close to me while I drink my coffee and contemplate my day, or life....this morning we're looking out at our snow covered yard as we sit by the crackling heater waiting for our people to shake the sleep from their eyes. Honestly, I think he's just waiting for me to cave and feed him a biscuit.

I really enjoy this time of the morning when I'm the only one awake. I can think and dream with the only distraction being a cold, wet nose nudging under my hand and into my lap for some scratches behind the ears and sweet slobbery kisses. I have to admit my life is damn good. I have finally found the peaceful existence I looked so long and so hard for. The place where I don't have to worry...where love is so abundant you can taste it in the air around us. I have found my fairytale. When I take this out to examine it, I am in AWE of the life I get to live now.

I hear people stirring....Rusty has gotten bored of it being just the two of us and he's making his rounds, waking people (and Bella dog) up with big kisses. Time to get up!

I will be back very very soon. I promise.

- Summer

5 comments:

the weirdgirl said...

Welcome back to blogging! I'm so glad to hear things are peaceful and full of love!

Woman on the Verge said...

Aw! Thanks...I really didnt think anyone would read this anymore!

Chloe said...

Welcome back. I like reading. Auntie Chloe

Woman on the Verge said...

Hello Auntie Chloe!! Hope you and Uncle David are well!

Scott said...

Alabama! That's my home state! I'm from Mobile! Greetings to a fellow Alabamian, from a current Floridian in exile!