Saturday, November 11, 2006

WHEW! Finally catching my breath....



It has been an insane few weeks around here...
I'd first like to say that whoever coined the phrase "terrible twos" can go to hell. Whoever in their infinite wisdom told me it would get better at 3 obviously had NO clue what they were talking about. I have re-nick-named the lil gal from Princess Priss to Howling Queen of Evil Temper Tantrum Throwing Whenever I So Much as Look at Her. We. Are. At. War. and it's gonna get bloody in the Pickard house people. I have to stop and count to ten so many times during the day just to keep from strangling her. She is literally driving me crazy. Now, don't get me wrong. I absolutely adore her...I am completely in love with her but DAMN, she's one tough cookie.

On another note...We moved into our very own place last weekend! I found a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo in the Tinseltown area of Southside for a steal. It's gorgeous. Tile floors throughout, carpet in the bedrooms. Granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, huge patio, guard gate, 2 parks for the kids, 2 pools, valet trash, I could go on and on. To say the least, I LOVE IT! I'll post some pics soon. Oh, and I bought a girlie apricot couch. MY CHOICE. MINE. ALL MINE! Chloe loves it. She is so happy to have her own room again with all of her stuff. We all feel so much better and so much happier. I'll post more on the emotional joy and strength and yadda yadda yadda this move has brought me later. I just wanted to let everyone know we're doing good.

1 comment:

Ms. Smoochy said...

Sum, I am so glad to read about your apartment. It sounds like you're really taking off. I am so proud of you for staying strong and true to yourself. Congrats!

And good luck with your adorable little hellian.