Monday, March 24, 2008

Ay yai yai!

I've been a bit of a mess lately. That is actually putting it lightly. We've been having some issues around here at Casa Loco and I really have no clue when we will be back to "normal". I've been trying earnestly to potty train Jack and while my efforts have been very rewarded in the pee pee, the poo isn't coming along very well. I've been told by numerous people , including the pediatrician, that this is to be expected. So I expect it but that doesn't make it any less frustrating to have to wipe poop off of everything a couple times a day. Plus we just got over a pretty nasty stomach bug in which the poop flowed, literally, like water and I have to say that I do not enjoy cleaning up watery poop. I had the flu, you know the kind with fevers, body aches, chills, sneezing, coughing overall shitty feeling when BOTH kids got the stomach bug. Now I have the stomach bug. Really people, Lysol is a waste of fucking money.

On the bright side, I quit smoking. It's been a month and things are going really well. I've been taking Chantix and I have to say, it's a wonderful drug. Jack is talking more and more. So many words are learned daily! It's pretty crazy to finally be able to decipher what he's saying. I'm loving it!! Chloe is doing great besides trying to adjust to some major changes that have taken place around here. It's been hard on all of us but I know it's the right thing for us.

I really don't want to go into detail about this major change yet. I'm not ready to openly discuss it and I certainly am not ready for any internet criticism. I'll just say it's been a lot to handle but we are all doing ok.

I hope everyone out there is doing well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things have been rough girly. ((HUGS))
I think your son is a little younger than my daughter and I have been potty training full force. I'm having a tough time with the #2. *sigh*
Hooray on quiting smoking! I think I need to check in that! :)

Best Wishes Mama!